Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sunburst Mirrors Made with Driftwood

Sunburst Mirrors Made with Driftwood

sunburst mirrors
I love the radiating driftwood sunburst mirrors (Sunset)...

large sunburst mirror over fireplace
... and this is the one I'd like to make (image from a back issue of Better Homes and Garden). I know I sound like a broken record, but the beaches here in RI are not exactly driftwood rich. I can wait..., and hopefully by the time I have my bundle together I also have a step by step tutorial. Perhaps you're going to make this sunburst mirror and share the how to!?

homemade sunburst mirror
Homemade Sunburst Mirror at White as Linen.

driftwood wreath hung over mirror
Another way to go. Make a driftwood wreath and hang it over a mirror as seen at Kara Paslay Designs.

constructing a sunburst mirror with driftwood
Lastly, a glimpse of how to construct Sunburst Mirrors with driftwood (no instructions). It looks like the pieces are glued onto some ring and the mirror goes on last. What do you think -could this be a project for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment