Saturday, July 23, 2011

Double Duty Dry Erase Board

Tutorial: Double Duty Dry Erase Board by papernstitch

I am constantly writing notes and messages to myself to help me remember what I have going on for the day. But my office is also my bedroom, so an ugly dry erase board is just not an option. I’ve been thinking about solutions to this problem for a while, and at one point considered Idea Paint, but eventually changed my mind. I wanted something that could pull double-duty, and that’s when I came up with this…an idea for a pretty dry erase board that serves as wall art when not in use.

Materials: 1. Picture frame with glass or plexi insert (I recommend a Ribba frame from IKEA like the one I used) 2. Fabric scraps 3. Heavy duty tape 4. Dry erase markers

Step by Step How To: {click image above for larger step by step view} 1. Remove everything from the frame (paper, mat, backing) except for the glass. 2. Cut a piece of fabric slightly larger than your frame backing (about an extra 2 inches all the way around). Whether your backing is hardboard or cardboard, this tutorial will work, so don’t worry. 3. Place cut fabric over frame backing and then flip over. 4. Fold over excess fabric and then, using heavy duty tape, attach the fabric to your backing. 5. Place the now fabric-covered frame backing into the frame and you are all done! You are ready to write notes all over your pretty dry erase board.

For more ideas for quick and easy projects, click here to visit the tutorials page filled with more than 30 diy’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment