Saturday, July 23, 2011

Herringbone Drawer Shelves


Herringbone Drawer Shelves

Julie Petrella, home MADE

This creative haven not only inspires us to create something unique and handmade, it actually offers supplies to purchase along with a studio for both private and class instruction!

"This project was inspired by an Anthropologie display in NYC. I knew it would be a perfect way to add some wall storage in my own shop, Home Made. So, when my brother was getting rid of an old dresser, I seized the opportunity to try making drawer shelves. The drawers turned out to be pretty uninteresting (no cool chipping paint or rustic wood to show off like Anthropologie's). Without any existing characteristics to play up, I decided to paint the drawers white, painting a herringbone pattern and attaching some fun knobs.

What I like most about this project is that it relatively easy to find old drawers at yard sales or on the side of the road left out for trash. And, you don't need to find them with a matching dresser or in a set. If the drawers are too deep for your wall, you can always cut them down before painting." – Julie Petrella, home MADE

No comments:

Post a Comment